This page is used to inform visitors and usersregarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information that the visitor or user may submit (“Personal Information”) to use the www.projectstepone.org (“Website”). The terms ‘You’ or ‘Your’ refer to you as the User of the Website and/or Services and the terms ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our’ refer to Project StepOne.
Project StepOne (“StepOne” ) is committed to respecting the privacy of every personal who shares information or data with Us. Your privacy protection is important to Us and We strive to take due care and protection of the information, we receive from You, the User. In this regard, we adhere to the following governing laws such as
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 –
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011.
Collectively, all the websites and the services offered through them will be referred to in this document by the term “Service”.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
A. We collect Your Personal Information directly from You, from third-parties such as State Governments and automatically through Our Website. You may access the Personal Information shared by You with Us, in the manner given below.
2. HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
A. The information that We collect will be retained by Us and used to:
- Provide effective assistance to You;
- To operate and improve the Website and/or Our Service;
- To perform studies, research and analysis for improving Our information, analysis, services and technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed are customized to Your interests and preferences;
- To send promotional mailings from Us or any of Our channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, email; • To transfer information about You if we get acquired by or merged with another company; • To be shared with Our business partners for provision of specific services You have ordered so as to enable them to provide effective services to You;
- To administer or otherwise carry out Our obligations in relation to any agreement You have with Us;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
- To connect You with volunteer doctors as necessary
• The data provided is used internally to improve Our technology services.
3. HOW THE INFORMATION IS STORED AND PROTECTED
A. We work to protect the security of Your information by adopting a number of protection policies as per the applicable law. Our Trust is maintaining the security of Your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements”.
B. Please note that the entities that maintain IS/ISO/IEC 27001 are audited on a regular basis by an independent auditor.
C. We additionally, maintain security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical control measures to protect the information collected from You.
D. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that We may occasionally request proof of identity before We disclose personal information to You.
E. We value Your trust in providing us Your Sensitive Personal Information, thus We are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is a hundred percent secure and reliable, and We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
G. While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, it must be acknowledged that the internet is not 100% secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information caused by Us in relation to your Personal Information.
C. You acknowledge that during the process of using our service, certain sensitive personal information such as medical records and history shall be collected from you for the primary purpose of helping you through the tele-covid helpline. However, it is to be noted that the option to provide or refrain from providing us such sensitive personal information, such as medical records, rests with You. In the event You choose to share such sensitive personal identifiable data, such as Your medical records and medical history, We need Your explicit written consent for the same.
5. CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any point, provided that such withdrawal of consent is intimated to Us in writing through an email requesting the same.
B. Once You withdraw Your Consent to share the Personal Information collected by Us, We shall have the option not to fulfil the purposes for which the said Personal Information was sought and We may restrict You from using our Services or the Website.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
A. The kinds of information that We collect about You include but are not limited to the following:
- Patient/Caregiver/Doctor/Health Care Professional Name,
- Date of Birth/age,
- Address (including country and pin/postal code),
- Phone number/mobile number,
- Email address,
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition, provided by You and/or your Health Care Professional,
- Personal medical records and history,
- Records of interaction with the StepOne volunteers,
- Any other information that is willingly shared by You (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
- Biometrics data
- Genetic Data
- Medical history
- Insurance Data
7. THIRD PARTY REFERENCES AND LINKS,
B. We do not honour “Do Not Track” signals as currently no standard exists for how online services should respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that may allow You to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services. As standards develop, We will revisit this issue and update this notice if Our practices change.
8. KNOWLEDGE TO BE PROVIDED BY USERS OF OUR SERVICES
A. During the process of using Our service, certain sensitive personal information shall be collected from You for the primary purpose of helping You through the tele-covid helpline. It is to be noted that the said information will only be accessible by the team of StepOne, the contact details of whom are addressed below:
9. RETAINING INFROMATION, REVIEW AND AUTHENTICITY OF USER INFORMATION
A. The Trust shall not retain information for longer than the for the lawful purpose for which it was collected, the purpose of which is more particularly stated hereinabove. The Sensitive Information shall be permitted to be reviewed by the persons who provide such information. Please note, that
the trust, shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the information that has been given by the information providers.
10. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT AND UPDATING INFORMATION PROVIDED
A. All the information provided by You to Us, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time, in accordance with the terms of this policy, but please note that the withdrawal of consent will not be retroactive.
B.You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information that You submit to Us. If You need to update or correct your Personal Information, You may send such updates and corrections to Us at email@example.com.
11. SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Once you have freely consented to share Your Personal Information with Us, You authorize Us to exchange, transfer, share, part with all or any of Your Personal Information, across borders and from Your country to any other countries across the World with the Cloud Service Provider and Our affiliates / agents / third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions or any other persons, for the Purposes specified under this Policy or as may be required by applicable law.
A. Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that You visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for administration. Additionally, the Website may use third-party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If You choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
C. However, it is pertinent to note that we do not store any Personally Identifiable Information in the Cookies.
13. SERVICE PROVIDERS
A. We may use Your data for consultation, to improve Our technology, algorithms, services, to bill & contact You. We may also use/share anonymized and/or aggregate level data for research purposes and/or business reasons with Our partners. We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate Our Service;
- To provide the Service on Our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist Us in analyzing how Our Service is used.
B. We want to inform users of Our Services that these third parties have access to Your Personal Information so as to perform the tasks assigned to them on Our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose by way of a Non-disclosure Agreement.
14. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
These Services may be availed by Children under the age of 18 only with the prior consent of their parent. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 without parent’s
prior consent. In case We discover that a child under 18 has provided Us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, We will immediately delete this from Our servers. StepOne strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and if You are a parent or guardian and are aware that Your child has provided Us with personal information without Your knowledge, please contact Us immediately so that We will be able to take necessary action.
In the event you have any grievance relating to the processing of information provided by you, you may contact our Grievance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or write at the following address: ___________
We request You to please provide the following information in Your complaint:
• Identification of the information provided by You.
• Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information.
- Your address, telephone number or e-mail address.
- A statement that You have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to You.
While We have taken utmost care to ensure Your data security and integrity. The field of data science is forever evolving. Keeping that in mind, We cannot be held responsible for any compromise of data.