Message For Donor
Instructions for Plasma Donation
Thank you for your willingness to donate plasma to save someone’s life.
Kindly refrain from smoking or consuming alcohol 24 to 48 hours before donation. Please note that being a voluntary donor would entitle you to a donor card which you can use for your family if and when needed.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Please carry Covid Positive Report (Document must include your full name, testing facility or physician, test name, date, and result)
- Bring Government Photo ID proof
- Please carry Covid Negative Report if you were covid positive 14 to 28 days ago
- In case you do not have hard copy, print out can be taken out within ILBS. Please note this will consume additional time.
- Entire plasma donation process may take you 5 to 7 hours. An early morning visit would take less time. Please carry a pen and a water bottle with you. The process would consist of the following activities:
- Registration as Voluntary (this would entitle you to a donor card which you can use for your family if and when needed)
- One on one consultation
- Blood sample and medical check
- Wait for report (Time approx. 2 to 4 hrs)
- If all reports are clear, proceed for plasma donation
You also have the option of returning home after sampling. ILBS will notify you in case you are approved for donation. Donation is to be done within 36 hours of sampling.
- We have cab reimbursement facility available. For any queries, our coordinator would guide you. He/she will get in touch with you on the date of plasma donation.
Plasma Bank Address: Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, D1 ILBS Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi (Note: The plasma Donation Booth is at Blood Bank, Old Building, Upper Basement, Minus one Level.)
ILBS is a non-covid government medical institute.
A humble request: During your waiting period at ILBS, some families would come to request you to donate for them. Please don’t fall prey to these requests as you will not get donor card for your family if you become a replacement donor.
Eligibility for Plasma Donation
This just a reminder about the criteria for eligibility for donation. Request to kindly inform us if facing any of the following:
- On periods (women)
- Alcohol consumption in the last 24 to 48 hours
- Donated blood within last 3 months
- Received blood transfusion
- Body weight below 55 kg
- Open cuts, wounds, or any injury
- Animal bite
- Covid vaccine within the last 14 days
- Other Vaccination
- Any surgery in last 1 year
- Tooth extraction, Dental Surgery
- Kidney, Liver, Diabetes, Thyroid, Bladder, Stone
- Asthmatic, Sinusitis
- High or Low BP
- Haemoglobin HB level less than 12.5
- Tattoo less than 1 year old
- Alcohol, drugs intake in last 24 – 48 hrs
- Pregnancy, Abortion
- Cardio Vascular/ Heart Disease
- Cancer, Hepatitis B, HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea
- TB Tuberculosis, Spine TB
- Conjunctivitis, Osteomyelitis
- Malaria, Typhoid, Jaundice, Dengue
- Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia, Migraine, Epilepsy
- Fungal infection/Skin allergy
Thank you. Have a Great Day, Plasma Team – StepOne